[O] Redshank gets loaded when exporting ELisp code blocks to HTML!?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: [O] Redshank gets loaded when exporting ELisp code blocks to HTML!?
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 16:38:26 +0200

Hello,

Incidentally, because I had removed `paredit.el' from my load-path,
I could not export any Org file anymore which contained just one simple
`emacs-lisp' code block, such as:

* ECM

Type:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
M-x load-library RET ox-beamer RET
#+end_src

I found the culprit lines being:

  ;; Common Lisp editing extensions
  (autoload 'redshank-mode "redshank"
    "Minor mode for restructuring Lisp code (i.e., refactoring)." t)

  (add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook 'turn-on-redshank-mode)

because:

- Redshank requires ParEdit, and
- ParEdit was not found anymore.

What I don't understand is:

    Why are Emacs Lisp minor modes loaded for exporting
    the Org document to HTML?

If not necessary, this seems suboptimal (performance-wise).

Is it really necessary?  I don't think so, because if I comment the
Redshank activation, then I can still export to HTML as before.  I just
loose the editing features in my real Emacs Lisp buffers.

So, is there a way to disactivate those minor modes during export?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban