[O] Navigating description lists

From: William Kunkel
Subject: [O] Navigating description lists
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 11:09:47 -0400

I use description lists a lot in org documents, and I find myself following a certain pattern to add new ones:
  1. Put the cursor on another item and hit M-<RET> to create a new item
  2. Enter the first part of the list item
  3. Hit <RIGHT>, <RIGHT>, <RIGHT>, <SPACE>
  4. Enter the second part of the list item

Frequently, I find myself hitting <TAB> to try to do step 3, which indents the line, which I then have to undo. Is there a key combination which does step 3 without needing to hit four keys sequentially?

Thanks,
Will