Re: [O] Fast Access to TODO States without C-t

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Fast Access to TODO States without C-t
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 10:40:04 +0800

Esben Stien <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I may be misunderstanding here, but screen will send the escape key to
>> the running program if you hit it twice, right? I use the StumpWM window
>> manager, with the escape key also set to C-t, and I think both of them
>> behave the same way: first escape is caught, second is sent to the
>> program. So you'd do C-c C-t C-t d. How does that work?
>
> No, C-t C-t switches between screen windows.

Well there's got to be some way to send the escape sequence to the
running process! Googling indicates it might be C-t t -- does C-c C-t t
d work?

>> Also, if you set `org-use-speed-commands' to t, you can use single
>> keystrokes when point is to the left of headline stars. I find this
>> immensely useful. Get point to the left margin and hit "t", that's all
>> you need.
>
> This speedy gonzales command was really cool and I think I'll use that
> for a lot of things;)
>
> , but I don't see how I can have fast access to TODO states.
>
> If I hit 't' over a TODO item, it just changes the state to the next
> state. How can I jump to DONE(d!), f.ex?

I think I get the menu because I have org-use-fast-todo-selection set to
t. Look at the docstring for that variable and try a few different
values -- I think you're almost there.