[O] Recording results of TODO items

From: William Kunkel
Subject: [O] Recording results of TODO items
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 19:16:21 -0400

Is there a standard way to record the outcomes of certain TODO items? For example, I had a TODO item to research and come to a decision about part of the architecture of a software project I'm starting, and I'd like to record the result of that TODO item, that is, the decision that I made. I found "closing notes" for TODO items, but that's an option that applies to all TODO items and seems more intended for brief remarks (to me, at least). Is using the closing notes functionality my best bet, or is there something better?

Thanks,
Will