Re: [O] How to change org-export-html-style

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: [O] How to change org-export-html-style
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 08:55:24 +0530

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 10:39 PM, Rick Frankel <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2014-04-15 07:30, Rustom Mody wrote:
I need (for various reasons) to inline these styles

I have this code in my init to change the html style

---------------------------------
(defun rusi/load-css()
  "Returns string from css file (hardwired) suitable for inline css"
  (interactive)
  (setq org-export-html-style
    (with-temp-buffer
      (insert "n<style type="text/css">n")
      (insert-file-contents (expand-file-name "my-org.css" "~/orghacks"))
      (goto-char (point-max))
      (insert "n</style>n")
      (buffer-string))))
(rusi/load-css)
--------------------------------
Now if I edit and save the my-org.css file and then call M-: (rusi/load-css)
it does not work.
Restarting emacs makes it work.
Ive checked that org-export-html-style is actually changed.
However org-mode seems to be keeping some internal copy after first use.
org-reload is not helping here

Can you explain "not working"? There's not enough info here to see
what problem you are having.

rick

Lets say my-org.css has this one line:

code { color: green; }

ie put inline code blocks in green when exporting to html

I change it to

code { color: blue; }

1  save the file
2. Run rusi/load-css
3. Check that org-export-html-file's value has changed from green to blue

However exports from org to html continue to export code-blocks as green

Restart emacs and export (some org file that has code blocks)
Now they are blue