Re: [O] emacs regex work done within literate org-mode?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] emacs regex work done within literate org-mode?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 22:59:51 +0200

Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> writes:

> A while back I declared war against what I call "tunneling" i.e., the
> typical programmer practice of just working along on something without
> making any sort of notes or comments . . .

When learning about [[http://software-lab.de/doc/ref.html][PicoLisp]] I
noticed that some of the very best programmers actually prefer just
reading code with minimal distraction by comments, so 'tunneling' is
probably not bad per se but rather a question of taste.

> Basically, I'm looking for something better than the typical Emacs
> REPL session where you have the option of simply saving the entire
> session's REPL buffer. But I don't want it to be so cumbersome that I'm
> writing a tutorial, either -- even though that's what I'm sort of
> doing. The dream would be that a whole day's work could be contained
> in org-mode files -- both the code and the description of what's going
> on and how things came (in)to be(ing).

When its about programming work with just one language, you might try
outshine.el with outorg.el, if you work with several languages or its
more about publishing then actual programming, Org (Babel) should be
perfectly capable to do what you want.

--
cheers,
Thorsten