[O] CUA copy/paste within code block

From: Xavier Garrido
Subject: [O] CUA copy/paste within code block
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 11:32:54 +0200

Dear orgers,

I am a CUA mode user and when I want to copy/paste a line or block of code within a org-babel code block, I always get back to the beginning of the code block after pasting. For example, assume you have the following piece of code

echo "coucou"

#+BEGIN_SRC sh
for i in {0..10}
do
  echo $i
done
#+END_SRC

and you want to insert the 'echo "coucou"' line inside the for loop within the code block, by using the CTRL-C/CTRL-V combination keys, the cursor gets back to the beginning of the code block and does not stay where the paste is done. Here it is not a real problem since the code block is pretty small but when I have a long code block, the cursor is pretty far from where I have done the paste. Btw, selecting with the mouse and pasting with the middle click works just fine i.e. the cursor remains at the same position.

I do not know if it is a bug or a feature but is it possible to get rid of such behavior.

Thanks for your help/advice,
Xavier