Re: [O] Limits on capture mode?

From: Mark S.
Subject: Re: [O] Limits on capture mode?
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 20:59:38 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the suggestion, Bastien.

I'm thinking now that when the org-protocol is invoked on Win XP via the
capture javascript code that  it's essentially the same as calling a windows
command line. The Windows XP command line has an upper limit of 8192
characters. You can reach that fast because every space character gets
translated into 3 url characters. This limits the ability of the nifty capture
technology which is a shame. I imagine the work-around would require some sort
of plug-in for FireFox.

The command line limits for Linux are much higher, so people using org-mode on
those platforms would rarely encounter the barrier.

I guess there's not that many people using org-mode on Windows, if I'm the only
one noticing this problem. Oh well, cutting and pasting isn't that tedious.

Thanks,
Mark