Re: [O] putting a element +UWa in table

From: Andrea Rossetti
Subject: Re: [O] putting a element +UWa in table
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 01:09:58 +0200

Neal Becker <address@hidden> writes:

> The first item in my table should say '+UWa'.  This seems to upset the
> org table gods, who draw a line through my entry.
>
> How do I put such an item in a table without org table misinterpreting it?

For curiosity I played a bit on this problem.
I got no exact solution, but here's what I found.
I guess they aren't exactly *cough* the most
didactic Org tricks ever... Cheers,

  Andrea

- Test1: shows overstrike on text (as per Org syntax)

| +UWa UWb+ |

- Test 2: shows "+" in buffer if org-toggle-pretty-entities
  is enabled, but produces bad HTML export (a subscript "nil"
  appears)

| \plus_{}UWa UWb\plus_{} |

- Test 3: looks OK for HTML, Latex, ASCII export

#+MACRO: myplus @@html:+@@@@latex:+@@@@ascii:+@@

| {{{myplus}}}UWa UWb{{{myplus}}} |