Re: [O] State of the art in citations

From: Clément B .
Subject: Re: [O] State of the art in citations
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 16:14:22 +0200

Hi Leonard,

> I am in the process of writing a new package for inserting
> citations into org buffers using RefTeX.

I'd be interested to know what you have in mind. I use something
of the sort, by customising `reftex-cite-format`, e.g:

(setq reftex-cite-format
           '((?\C-m . "\\cite[]{%l}")
             (?b . "[[ref:%l][%A (%y)]]")))

This makes inserting custom links ("ref") easier with the usual
`reftex-citation` bound to C-c [.

> On the other hand, it will work with multicite commands,
> whereas Clement's does not look like it will.

It does not, and that's a big limitation. That being said, I don't
know how to go about mixing multiple citations and links to the
bib file. This is definitely something I care about, being able
to quickly jump from the text to the bibliographic entry, PDF
file, or whatever source I am using to write is one of the main
reasons I use org instead of plain LaTeX.

Bye,

Clément