Re: [O] more from org-babel newbie

From: Steven Arntson
Subject: Re: [O] more from org-babel newbie
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 19:31:13 -0700

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> Aloha Steven,
>
> Steven Arntson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The reason I'm excited to use org with lilypond files is the foldable
>> headers *, **, *** etc, as well as drawers and tables. However, that's
>> available only in an "org-mode" buffer, and I'm also wanting to use
>> lilypond-mode, which gives excellent colored markup and indentation. How
>> do I get the advantages of both? Or is that not even what I should be
>> after? I may be fundamentally missing what's potentially useful about
>> all of this for my musical use case!
>
> I haven't used babel for lilypond, but the usual way to edit a source
> code block in the emacs mode for the language is to press C-c ' in the
> source code block.
>
> hth,
> Tom

This is embarrassing ... I'd tried that and hadn't managed to get it to
work, and now I realize I was using C-c ` and not C-c '. The devil is in
the details.

I'm still a little mystified about using org markup in the context of
the lilypond file, but maybe now I can do a little more experimenting.

Thank you!
Steven