Re: [O] Is OrgMode really GTD compliant?

From: Samuel Loury
Subject: Re: [O] Is OrgMode really GTD compliant?
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:30:26 +0200

Hi,
Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2014-04-28 19:18, Rene <address@hidden> writes:
> I have not defined an Energy property, but I recently played with date
> properties (and a user defined sorting function). If it's helpful to
> you, the code is there:
> https://github.com/brabalan/org-review/blob/master/org-review.el#L156
I looked at the code and I don't get what means the part of the code
getting the org-marker text property of a:
(get-text-property (point-min) 'org-marker a)
In this part, the point-min returns the point-min of the current buffer
(the agenda buffer in that case) while the function looks for the
property into a.

I tried launching this code into a custom agenda compare function and I
get the error:
Args out of range: 1197, 1197
This makes sense since the agenda appears to be narrowed at that time so
that (point-min) returns 1197 and the a string at this time is not 1197
characters long.

Replacing (point-min) by 0 appears to work (I assumed the 0th character
of the string has the wanted text property).

My first guess of an energy cmp function is:

(defun org-energy-compare (a b)
  (let* (
                 (ma (or (get-text-property 0 'org-marker a)
                                 (get-text-property 0 'org-hd-marker a)))
                 (mb (or (get-text-property 0 'org-marker b)
                                 (get-text-property 0 'org-hd-marker b)))
                 (energy_a (org-entry-get ma "Energy"))
                 (energy_b (org-entry-get mb "Energy"))
                 )
        (cond
         ((and
           (not energy_a)
           (not energy_b)
           )
          nil
          )
         ((and
           energy_a
           (not energy_b)
           )
          1
          )
         ((and
           (not energy_a)
           energy_b
           )
          -1
          )
         ((> energy_a energy_b)
          1
          )
         ((< energy_a energy_b)
          -1
          )
         (t
          nil
          )
         )
        )
  )

Incidentally, I don't manage to have edebug triggered in a custom org
agenda cmp function. I load the function with C-u C-M-x. the message
"Edebug: org-energy-compare" appears as usual. When I launch the agenda
I can see the function has been called since the entries are correctly
sorted. But I was never given the input to debug it. Do you know why?

--
Konubinix
GPG Key    : 7439106A