Re: [O] (org-insert-headline '(4)) should insert new headline before poi

From: Leonard Randall
Subject: Re: [O] (org-insert-headline '(4)) should insert new headline before point
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 08:12:01 +0100

On 29 April 2014 15:20, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm having a hard time finding out what you *did* exactly -- can you
describe the way to reproduce the bug from an empty buffer, step by
step?

Sorry, I should have been more explicit about what I was doing. Step by step instructions would look something like this.

 If I type the following commands,

1. emacs -q -l ~/minimal-init.el
2. C-x C-f ~/test.org RET
3. bla
4. C-a
5. M-RET
6. C-e
7. RET
8. bla bla
9. C-a
10. M-RET

I get:
----begin-example---
* bla
*
bla bla
----end-example---

If I perform the same commands without loading the minimal init file (Minimal-init just adds the most recent version org-mode to the load path, and says to debug on error), I get this

----begin example---

* bla
* bla bla
----end-example---

It adds a new line before the first headline, but otherwise it acts as expected. I am not sure if it makes any difference. But I am running the the Homebrew version of emacs 24.3.1 on OS X Mavericks.

All best,
Leonard