Re: [O] First attempt at exporting to PDF.

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] First attempt at exporting to PDF.
Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 16:11:33 -0400

you should be able to get references with \cite{key1} and \cite{key2}. where key1 and key2 are bibtex keys in a bibtex file called references.bib.

you need at the end of your org-file where you want the bibliography to appear:

\bibliographystyle{unsrt}
\bibliography{references}

In your init file, you may need to do this:
;; for minted you must run latex with -shell-escape because it calls pygmentize as an external program
(setq org-latex-pdf-process
      '("pdflatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %b"
        "bibtex %b"
        "pdflatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %b"
        "pdflatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %b"))

I do not think org-mode runs bibtex by default. After that you should see the references.

John

-----------------------------------
John Kitchin
Associate Professor
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
Aloha Sharon,

Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:

>> I have never tried what you are trying to do with references so
>> someone
>> else must step in and help you there.
>
> Just hope someone steps up to the plate?

This was written for the old exporter, but it might be useful to you:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html#sec-17

Also, the BibTeX entry in your original post was mal-formed.  It lacked
a key and the author field looked wrong, IIRC.  You might want to check out
the BibTeX file format:

http://www.bibtex.org/Format/

hth,
Tom