Re: [O] Bibliography woes!

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: [O] Bibliography woes!
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 15:45:31 +0100

Leonard Avery Randall <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Sharon Kimble wrote:
>
>     But "page 3" of what? "input line 139" of what?
>

> Page 3 of the PDF and input line 139 of the .tex file.
>
>     It all looks okay to me, except I cant see what the latex warnings
>     relate to. Any ideas folks please?
>

> The most likely problem is that you have you have not called bibtex
> (or biber) the appropriate number of times and so your references have
> not been processed correctly. The way to check this is to run bibtex
> or biber (whichever you use, your setup looks like it was designed for
> bibtex so bibtex is probably the one you want) on your .tex file and
> then call xelatex again, and see if the errors go away. If that is the
> problem. You should look at how you have set up org-latex-pdf-process
> to make sure that it calls xelatex and bibtex the appropriate number
> of times. (another option is to use latexmk, it is really convenient,
> but it takes a bit of work to configure it properly).

Still not getting it right. This is in my "setup-testbed.el"
;; org to latex customisations, -shell-escape needed for minted
(setq org-export-dispatch-use-expert-ui t ; non-intrusive export dispatch
      org-latex-pdf-process             ; for regular export
      '("xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
                "bibtex %b"
                "xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode
-output-directory %o %f"
    "xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
        "xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
        "xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o
%f"))
and the partial transcript of the output log
LaTeX Warning: Citation '4' on page 3 undefined on input line 135.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '5' on page 3 undefined on input line 137.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '4' on page 3 undefined on input line 145.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '6' on page 3 undefined on input line 154.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '7' on page 4 undefined on input line 167.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '8' on page 4 undefined on input line 175.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '12' on page 4 undefined on input line 204.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '7' on page 4 undefined on input line 209.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '9' on page 4 undefined on input line 222.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '1' on page 5 undefined on input line 259.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '3' on page 6 undefined on input line 285.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '10' on page 7 undefined on input line 349.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '10' on page 7 undefined on input line 400.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '13' on page 9 undefined on input line 458.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '11' on page 9 undefined on input line 475.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '14' on page 9 undefined on input line 495.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '14' on page 10 undefined on input line 527.

LaTeX Warning: Citation '2' on page 11 undefined on input line 569.

LaTeX Warning: Empty bibliography on input line 576.

[11] (./uh2014.aux)

LaTeX Warning: There were undefined references.

Package biblatex Warning: Please (re)run Biber on the file:
(biblatex)                uh2014
(biblatex)                and rerun LaTeX afterwards.

and in my org-mode file I have these headers
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage{biblatex}
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage[backend=biber,style=verbose]{biblatex}
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \bibliography{/home/boudiccas/.emacs.d/research/references.bib}
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \bibliography{references}

I have created the link to the reference file in my
$USER/.emacs.d/org/ directory using this command
╭────
│ln -s /home/boudiccas/.emacs.d/research/references.bib references.bib
╰────

Any ideas please folks, or some code to try please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.4.50.19