[O] Insert #+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA before \begin{document}?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: [O] Insert #+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA before \begin{document}?
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 21:01:39 +0200

Hello,

To insert a short title for a Beamer presentation, you can glean the
following answers on the Web:

- Using `#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA' which -is- +was+ exported /after/ the
  `\title' command.

  See
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-01/msg00177.html.

  That does not work anymore since Org 8...

- Using a filter to remove the exported title, and replace it with
  yours.

  See http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/57450.

  That does not help when one wants to have portable documents -- that
  don't require a particular config to be recompiled correctly by
  another end-user.

- Using a very mean workaround (which I found):

  #+BIND: org-latex-title-command "\\title[Short title]{Title maybe\\\\very
long}\\maketitle"

  That's semantically impure IMO, and could prove to be fragile over
  time.

Hence, a question: as we have/had both `#+BEAMER_HEADER' and
`#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA', couldn't we have `#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA'
inserted just before the \begin{document}, and let `#+BEAMER_HEADER'
inserted as now?

That would allow to override the title easily with a LaTeX command,
without being impure, doesn't it?

Best regards,
  Seb

--