Re: [O] Confused about list indentation

From: Leonard Avery Randall
Subject: Re: [O] Confused about list indentation
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 19:44:17 +0100

Guido Van Hoecke wrote:

I am a bit confused about indentation in the example at node
'2.7 Plain Lists' in the Org info file:

The last line aligns the word 'him' directly under 'Sean', which is
what I expect.

The 'He makes a really...' sentence is aligned under the list hyphen,
rather than under 'on DVD...'

Is this not inconsistent? I'd expect it to be indented two extra
positions to the right, similar to the last sentence.

I believe the reason for the disparity is that 'He makes a really funny face', is supposed to be associated with 'Peter Jackson being shot by legolas' rather than 'on DVD only'. I believe the example is supposed to show that list items can contain both subsidiary lists and whole paragraphs. If the paragraph were supposed to be associated with the lower level list item it would be indented as you expected.

All the best,
Leonard