Re: [O] An org password manager

From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Subject: Re: [O] An org password manager
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 11:15:16 +0200

Dear Jorge,

Neat!! Thanks for providing the details.

I've been using a somewhat similar approach with a lot less functionality
for a few years, but as I reported in the org email list, something I find
unsettling is that if an encrypted buffer is killed right when it is being
opened (when you just typed the password ---sure, low probability, but not
zero), part of the contents of the encrypted buffer are left, as plain
text, in other buffer(s).

I reported this here

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-12/msg00841.html

and I still experience the problem (I just try it not to happen). Is
this not affecting you at all? I'd have thought it would, since you are
also using a timer to kill the buffer, and it could fire right after you
enter the password.

Best,

R.

--