Re: [O] Warehouse Management System

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Warehouse Management System
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 09:28:20 +0800

Esben Stien <address@hidden> writes:

> Does org-mode have some kind of warehouse management system?
>
> Like how many items foo and how many items bar and when you remove x
> amount of item bar, where did it go?
>
> One way to hack it would be to use a heading for each item, then use
> clock-in and clock-out, like +1 and -1;) to somehow track taking stuff
> out of the warehouse and putting something in there;)
>
> ..or some org-invoice hack..
>
> This is probably doable, but does org-mode have some other way to do this?

You might look at ledger, a pretty awesome accounting system. I think
people have hacked together some cross-support between ledger and org --
ie org link ids on ledger transactions, etc. It looks like worg has a
couple of pages on using them together.

Eric

1. http://ledger-cli.org/
2. http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/weaving-a-budget.html