Re: [O] org-ref code

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref code
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 13:26:26 -0400

that should work out of the box, and that link is defined in org-ref as

(org-add-link-type
 "cite"
 'org-ref-cite-onclick-minibuffer-menu
 'org-ref-cite-link-format)

I am not sure why it would not work out of the box.

John

-----------------------------------
John Kitchin
Associate Professor
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Andreas Reuleaux <address@hidden> wrote:
Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there some org variable I have not set that tells org to treat cite:
> plain text as a link on export?  Obviously org already recognises it as
> a link but the export doesn't...  org-link-protocols and org-link-types
> look fine.

Being just a org-ref beginner, I don't know if there is a more
straightforward solution but, I have configured:

  (org-add-link-type
   "cite"
   'org-ref-cite-onclick-minibuffer-menu
   ;; formatting
   (lambda (keyword desc format)
     (cond
      ((eq format 'html) (format "(<cite>%s</cite>)" path))
      ((eq format 'latex)
       (concat "\\cite{"
               (mapconcat (lambda (key) key) (org-ref-split-and-strip-string keyword) ",")
               "}")))))

and similarily for autocite and textcite (the citation types that I am
using), that works for me. Adapted (copied) from the org-add-link-type
for autocite given in the org-ref.org description.  Not sure if this
should just work out of the box (without configuration), but then, it's
not that much code.

-Andreas