Re: [O] Using Emacs, Org-mode and R for Research Writing in Social Scien

From: Vikas Rawal
Subject: Re: [O] Using Emacs, Org-mode and R for Research Writing in Social Sciences
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 20:40:13 +0200

> It seems safer/efficient to focus on making modular documentation that
> is the definitive *best*/*right* way (and *best* explained) to do
> something, and then to link to that prolifically.

Your points are very valid and expressed convincingly.

Writing this document was a result of, first and foremost, a personal urge to
write it, and secondly, in view of very specific use cases (my graduate
students, to whom I wanted to provide a one-stop shop, before they explore rest
of the stuff).

That said, your arguments that it is not optimal to include such a document as
part of documentation on orgmode.org is perhaps right. I can see that
maintaining modular non-repetitive content is easier. Long-term maintenance of
documentation should be an important concern for something that is under heavy
development.

Unless others feel differently, I would let the document float around the
cyberspace, on my personal website and on github, for anyone to discover and
use.

Thanks for your very reasonable comments.

Vikas