Re: [O] [Latex Export] Influence placement of \maketitle command

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [Latex Export] Influence placement of \maketitle command
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 15:01:26 -0400

Alexander Baier <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am writing a paper using llncs as the document class. I use the
> =\institute= command which has to be placed _above_ the =\maketitle=
> command to be considered. But exporting my document always yields a
> latex file where =\maketitle= appears above =\institute=. I use
> simple #+LATEX: directives to insert =\institute=.
>
> Is there a way for me to influence the placement of =\maketitle= and
> thus be able to order those commands "the right way"?
>
> TIA for any pointers,

If \institute can be placed in the preamble, then using #+LATEX_HEADER
instead of #+LATEX is probably the way to go.

If it has to be in the document body, one way to do it is to redefine
the variable org-latex-title-command in a file-local-variable section
added to the end of your file:

# Local Variables:
# org-latex-title-command: "\\institute{Foo}\\maketitle"
# End:

See

   (info "(emacs) File variables")

Nick