[O] M-<RET> does not work as described in the manual

From: Kevin Van Horn
Subject: [O] M-<RET> does not work as described in the manual
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 22:02:52 +0000

Section 2.5 of the online manual states that "If [M-<RET>] is used at the
beginning of a headline the new headline is created before the current line."

This is not what happens. If I have

* Foo
** Bar
*** Baz

with the cursor at the beginning of headline "Bar", and use M-<RET>, I get

* Foo
** Bar
**
*** Baz

instead of

* Foo
**
** Bar
*** Baz

That is, I get a blank headline AFTER the current headline, and it becomes the
new parent of the original headline's children.

As far as I can tell, that leaves me with no easy way of creating a new heading
as the first subheading of an existing heading.

Kevin S. Van Horn, Ph.D. | Senior Developer III
The Modellers
6995 Union Park Center Ste 300 | Salt Lake City, UT 84047
Salt Lake City Office (Mountain Time)

D: 801.290.3823
E: address@hidden

www.themodellers.com