Re: [O] org-review-schedule

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] org-review-schedule
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 14:58:00 +0200

Hi Bastien,

On 2014-05-21 14:08, Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>> Thank you for the opportunity. I've been getting spoiled by the use of
>> github (to track issues, and to have documentation at the same place
>> than the code). I'm wondering if there is a way to have the code both on
>> github and in the contrib directory. Is there any current package doing
>> it?
>
> No.  And that's why I'm considering the migration of contributed
> packages into a new Org ELPA, where sync'ing the Org ELPA package
> from another repository would be possible.  A win-win situation
> for everyone.

I've thought about this and I will try to go the ELPA route. Even if it
means less exposure, it seems to be conceptually closer to my vision of
this package (an add-on that does not need to add to the already huge
git repository).

>> Regarding the documentation, by the way, where should one put it for
>> contrb packages? On worg?
>
> Yes.  You can even add documentation for stuff that is not in contrib
> but available on github or on some other repository service.

It makes sense. I'll add "writing a tutorial on worg" on my todo list.

Thanks,

Alan