Re: [O] latex export beginner

From: Steven Arntson
Subject: Re: [O] latex export beginner
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 09:18:28 -0700

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Steven Arntson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm taking my first baby steps at exporting an org file to LaTex. I know
>> a little about org-mode, and almost nothing about LaTex.
>>
>> I type C-c C-e l o
>>
>> A file named file.tex is produced, but the process halts with an error:
>>
>> org-latex-compile: PDF file ./plm.pdf wasn't produced: [LaTeX error]
>>
>> A program called pdfTex produces a buffer with extensive output,
>> including:
>>
>> ! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
>>
>> This seems like some markup that should probably be included in my file
>> automatically as part of the export? Shoud I add "/begin{document}" to
>> my org doc?
>>

> No, the exporter should have done that. Post your org file and the
> resulting tex file.
>
> Also, the version of your org mode: C-u M-x org-version will insert
> it in the current buffer.

Thank you for your help!

I'm using Org-mode version 8.2.6 (8.2.6-22-gb11b4a-elpaplus @
/home/steven/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20140519/)

I mocked up a smaller reproduction of the problem, because the original
file is too large. The same errors were produced. There's a file called
test.log, too, which I'm not pasting in here because of its length, but
I can if it would be helpful. Here's my org-mode document:

| Test org file for conversion to LaTex
|
| * My top-level header
| Some information under the top level header
| ** A secondary header
|
| * Chapter the first
| Some information from the first chapter.Some
| information from the first Some information from the first chapter.Some
| information from the first chapter.Some information from the first
| chapter.
|
| * Chapter the second
| The end of this document.

And here is the tex output file: