Re: [O] Pandoc users, how do you use it with org-mode, and why?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Pandoc users, how do you use it with org-mode, and why?
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 19:33:21 +0100

On Wednesday, 21 May 2014 at 13:01, Grant Rettke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lately been hearing great things about Pandoc's ability to export to ebook
> formats and more.
>
> Folks that use both Pandoc and org-mode: how do you use them together, and
> why?

I've only recently started using pandoc and I have exactly one use case:
the need, in some cases, to produce a .docx document with
mathematics.  Pandoc will convert LaTeX to docx and handles equations
reasonably well (not perfect but better than any other alternative I
have found to date).  The LaTeX generated by org is usually perfectly
fine.

For >98% of my needs, org + included exporters + babel is more than
enough, mind you.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.6-966-g6cdf1b