Re: [O] Writing .el files for org in org?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Writing .el files for org in org?
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 10:56:22 +0200

Hi Rainer and Aaron,

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> I am not so convinced that having all the elisp code in an org file
> would be convenient, since I am worried that would break the interactive
> features of elisp programming.

My point of view too.

On top of this, I see two problems:

1. there is the problem of minimizing the distance between what the
   Org repository contains and what goes into the Emacs repository*

2. and the problem of imposing something that might not fit all
   contributors.  Using litterate programming for a few files but not
   all is not a good option, and using litterate programming for all
   files would be too much of a constraint for many...

Best,

* That's also the reason why I'm skeptical about having the manual
  written as org.org instead of org.texi -- I mean, I'd be glad to be
  able to edit the manual as org.org, but having a preliminary export
  step before importing org.texi into Emacs might create problems.

--
 Bastien