Re: [O] Bug: TAB cycling and narrowing to subtree [8.2.6 (release_8.2.6-

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: TAB cycling and narrowing to subtree [8.2.6 (release_8.2.6-903-ga1b4d9 @ /home/youngfrog/sources/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 13:14:31 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Richard <address@hidden> writes:

> e.g. why does the advice exist in the first place ?

No real reason, I removed it.

> IIUC, org-end-of-subtree exists for speed reasons. Could we move the
> advice to within org-end-of-subtree itself, i.e. something like:
>
> (defun org-end-of-subtree (...)
>    (if (derived-mode-p 'org-mode)
>        (progn existing code)
>      (outline-end-of-subtree)))

This would slow down `org-end-of-subtree'.  Instead, I simply removed
calls to `outline-end-of-subtree' and replaced it with appropriate
calls to `org-end-of-subtree'.

> Anyway, looking at the functions that get called, I spotted an easy fix.
> WDYT ?

I think it's good!  I applied the patch, thanks for digging into this,
probably the psychological/technical support I needed to move forward
on this.

Best,

--
 Bastien