Re: [O] org-contacts development

From: Xebar Saram
Subject: Re: [O] org-contacts development
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 07:02:42 +0300

Hi Alexis

This sounds awesome, i would love syncing org contacts with my android phone

thx alot!

Hello Alexis,

On 2014-05-23 06:07 Alexis wrote:

[...]

> What would be useful would be an 'official', fleshed-out spec for
> org-contacts data, which handles a greater range of contact-related
> info. At the moment, for example, my org-contacts file makes use of the
> properties:
>
> #+PROPERTY: LANDLINE
> #+PROPERTY: MOBILE
> #+PROPERTY: POST
> #+PROPERTY: RESIDENCE

[...]

> Fleshing out an extended spec for org-contacts data could be part of the
> process of making org-contacts a first-class citizen of org-mode, and
> provide a more solid foundation on which people can build (and share)
> the org-contacts functionality they're after. And in my own particular
> case, it would greatly facilitate my work in org-contacts / Android
> Contacts integration. :-)
>
> What do people think?

I, for one, would love to see org-contacts being improved in any way.
Integrating this with MobileOrg would be an extremely helpful and
something I have wanted since the day I started using org-contacts.

About the spec, might it make sense to use a standard already in
existence as a starting point or even a major inspiration?  Something
like vCard for example?

Regards,
--
Alexander Baier