Re: [O] Org mode links for helm

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Org mode links for helm
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 09:49:14 +0200

Bastien wrote:
> address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> Has anyone implemented a helm interface for Org-mode #+name lines?  I
>> think it might be useful for inserting cross reference links.
>
> did you try
> https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/blob/master/helm-org.el ?
>
> Maybe the authors can help I guess.

The author, Thierry Volpiatto, does not support Helm-Org anymore, as
told in http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.helm.user/617.

BTW, it is only for the Org headlines, not for Org code block names.

Though, this particular question has already gotten tentatives of
answers, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-07/msg00712.html.

I remember (thanks to Org!) having written the following in my .emacs file:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  ;; extension of Imenu
  (when (and
         ;; `org-babel' has been loaded
         (fboundp 'org-babel-execute-src-block)

         ;; `imenu' has been loaded
         (fboundp 'try-to-add-imenu))

    (setq org-src-blocks-imenu-generic-expression
          `(("Snippets" ,org-babel-src-name-w-name-regexp 2)))

    (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
              (lambda ()
                (setq imenu-generic-expression
                      org-src-blocks-imenu-generic-expression))))
#+end_src

... but I never saw any name of code chunk in the "IMenu" menu.
I only saw the headings of my current Org file.

Don't know what's wrong.

Best regards,
  Seb

--