Re: [O] New worg page: Publishing beamer slideshows and articles from on

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] New worg page: Publishing beamer slideshows and articles from one source
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 17:56:38 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Rasmus,
>
> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> The only tricky part is to remove the heading from the table
>>> of contents, but this is optional and the limitation can be advertized
>>> as such.
>>
>> Come on, that's not really acceptable for an advice on org-mode.org.
>
> It is better than the current situation.

I disagree. Let's try to keep the quality on Worg high.  Let's not put
broken code there, especially without explaining why.

I have attached a quick patch with a text that I think is more
accurate and that tries to explain the issue.  I think the tone may be
too "academic"/dry.

Since Suvayu put the initial effort into the answer I will wait for
his approval before submitting it.

>> To deal with the tricky part you need an additional filter.  Or you
>> need a filter on the final output and you'd probably need to make some
>> accounting of what's present and what is not so that you can update
>> counters and TOCs.
>
> That's why I say it's tricky.
>
> Let's keep this constructive and move forward -- maybe that was not
> your intention, but the tone of your first email was a bit harsh.
> I'm sure Suvayu is open to suggestions on how to improve the filter.

That was not the intention.  For that I appoligize.

–Rasmus

--
Summon the Mothership!