Re: [O] [bug] aorg-agenda effort filter

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] aorg-agenda effort filter
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 22:07:52 +0200

Bastien writes:
> Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Bastien writes:
>>> Also, the commit messages contain references like 'variable' instead
>>> of `variable'.  A tiny difference, sure, but one that I will have to
>>> fix manually when merging the Changelogs into Emacs.
>>
>> The corresponding GNU coding standard has been changed about a year
>> ago
>
> Do you have a pointer?

http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#index-left-quote

The actual change to the document was made even earlier than I
remembered:

2011-12-31  Paul Eggert  <address@hidden>

        * standards.texi (Quote Characters): change to recommending
        undirected quotes, '...' or "...".

>> and EMACS is slowly following suit.
>
> Where do you see that Emacs is slowly following suit?

There was a lengthy discussion around the latest version of makeinfo
producing the new quoting style by default just recently and it has
flared up before.  My takeaway from that was that EMACS would go with
that change in coding style over time.

Regards,
Achim.