Re: [O] LaTex export questions

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] LaTex export questions
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 17:51:06 -0400

Steven Arntson <address@hidden> writes:

> Rick,
>
> Your google search to find the "sffms" style package seems like it could
> be the perfect answer to my quandary. I'm trying now to get my head
> around acquiring it. I don't have a great track record with installing
> things, and try to use package management systems when I can.
>
> Sffms is located on CTAN (which I'm learning about as I write
> this!). I'm running Ubuntu, and believe I have TexLive installed, but
> have never tried its package management system.
>
> What's a good way to proceed here?

You can search for packages containing a file:

$ dpkg -S sffms.cls
texlive-latex-extra: /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/sffms/sffms.cls

So you need to install texlive-latex-extra:

# apt-get install texlive-latex-extra

You'll probably need to be root for that (or use the graphical thingie
that will ask for your password).

Nick