Re: [O] [FR] Archive subtree with parent structure

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] [FR] Archive subtree with parent structure
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 10:29:39 +0200

On 2014-05-28 21:39, Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Florian,
>
> Florian Lindner <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If I also archive AB after that, it gets inserted in the structure which
>> is now identical to the structure we started with.
>
> FR noted, thanks.  I'm curious to see if people would really find this
> a good option, as I like having my archives stored as flat entries.

I would also prefer to have my archives hierarchical, for the following
reason. I like to archive projects as a whole thing (with the recorded
done tasks and the notes). A flat archiving system prevents me from
archiving anything until the project is done, which is problematic for
long running projects. Having hierarchical archiving would allow me to
trim these projects from their done tasks.

Alan