Re: [O] Hiding checked items in a checkbox list (FR?)

From: Sergio Pokrovskij
Subject: Re: [O] Hiding checked items in a checkbox list (FR?)
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 17:23:56 +0700

  Al> Sergio Pokrovskij writes:

  >> The next problem is that MobileOrg should respect the preliminary
  >> hiding done before the visit to the shop.  I do not request that it
  >> hide the checked (= bought) items as well (actually I'd prefer it to
  >> leave them checked and visible; but also its hiding-on-the-fly is
  >> quite acceptable).

  Al> Sorry, but i'm not sure i follow. Do you mean something like
  Al> the following example workflow?

  Al> 1. Have list of (say) 10 grocery items in org-mode.

Yes (actually I have about 80 items in my Springpad list; if the
full list consists of mere 10 items, it fits the screen of my
smartphone, and there is no real need to hide the checked items).

  Al> 2. Initially mark all of them as 'unneeded' by checking all
  Al> items with a single command.

Possibly so.  Actually all the performed items get checked as I
buy them, and those which for some reason I could not buy should
preserve their open (unchecked, unimplemented) status.  So
normally I need not perform this step (provided that what I have
checked at the store gets synchronized back to the Big Brother);
but in some infrequent cases it is nice to have such a command
(though I guess it can be easily done with an M-% in emacs).

  Al> 3. Uncheck (say) 3 items that are 'needed'.
  Al> 4. Run org-mobile-push.

Do I have to do it manually every time (more than once)?  Aren't
such files synchronized automatically?

  Al> 5. MobileOrg displays only the 3 'needed' items; the other 7
  Al> checked (i.e. unneeded) items are hidden.

Yes (in fact, normally there are more of them, a dozen at least).

  Al> 6. As items are purchased and checked off the list, they can
  Al>    either:
  Al>    (a) remain visible; or
  Al>    (b) become hidden upon being checked.

  Al> Is that correct?

Yes.  Normally (b) is sufficient for me, because normally I have
just a screenful of interesting items.  But I can imagine that
people who need longer shopping lists (more that one screen of
them) would prefer to have a MobileOrg command to hide the
newly-checked items as well.

--
Sergio