[O] gnuplot not working with babel

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: [O] gnuplot not working with babel
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 21:48:37 -0500

I'm just starting out with babel and can't get the example code to run (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-gnuplot.html#sec-4) :

#+begin_src gnuplot :exports code :file file.png
reset

set title "Putting it All Together"

set xlabel "X"
set xrange [-8:8]
set xtics -8,2,8

set ylabel "Y"
set yrange [-20:70]
set ytics -20,10,70

f(x) = x**2
g(x) = x**3
h(x) = 10*sqrt(abs(x))

plot f(x) w lp lw 1, g(x) w p lw 2, h(x) w l lw 3
#+end_src

This produces

   org-babel-execute:gnuplot: Cannot open load file: no such file or directory, gnuplot

Also, I tried a straight org-plot/gnuplot call while the cursor was in a table with similar results:

   org-plot/gnuplot: Cannot open load file: no such file or directory, gnuplot

I have gnuplot installed and the above code produces the expected output graphic when run from the command line. I'm on U14.10, Emacs24.3.50.1, and Org 8.2.3a.

Also, I'm tired of typing the #+begin_src ... #+end_src block every time. Is there a quicker key binding for this?

LB