Re: [O] Remove the build-in orgmode

From: Brady Trainor
Subject: Re: [O] Remove the build-in orgmode
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 23:46:44 -0700

Shiyuan wrote:

> Hi,
>     I updated Org-mode from ELPA. If I start emacs normally, M-x
> org-version does show the new version(8.2.6). But if I start emacs  with
> -Q, emacs will still run the built-in version(7.9.3). This is not
> convenient for debugging purpose. Is there anyway to remove the built-in
> version 7.9.3 completely so that even if I start emacs with -Q, emacs
> still
> use the new version 8.2.6 from ELPA.  Thanks.
>
> Shiyuan

I have

   (setq load-path (delete "/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org" load-path))
   (setq load-path (delete "c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-24.3/lisp/org"
load-path))

in my notes, for when I was trying to get the most recent maint repository
version of org working. There is a better version of these lines somewhere
at stack exchange... here it is: http://stackoverflow.com/a/20616703/2533127

You could potentially have this in a ~/debugorg.el, and use

    emacs -q -l "~/debugorg.el"

For more exploring, try =cd /usr/share/emacs/=, and =ls=. Also, try =C-h v
load-path RET C-x o C-s org=. In other words, have Emacs describe the =load-
path= variable, switch to that window and do a search for the term "org".

(It is somewhere discouraged to remove the built-in org, but hopefully
someone will give you steps and tips anyway. (Would it simply suffice to
temporarily move the emacs/24.3/lisp/org directory described above?))

Brady