[O] babel and computing a number of months

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: [O] babel and computing a number of months
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 09:25:24 +0200

Hello,

I need to work with dates for some code/scripts I'm writing in
a document making heavy usage of source blocks and babel evaluation. The
good news is that I have access to many programming languages, so the
bad news is I don't know which one to choose. The problem I want to
solve is the following: I want to compute the number of months between
march 1st, 2014, and the beginning of the current month (so right now
it's 3, but on may 31st it was 2). Is there an easy way to do it in
a babel supported language? And is there an easy way to do it in
emacs-lisp?

Thanks,

Alan