Re: [O] DTD prohibited

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] DTD prohibited
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 00:34:58 +0000 (UTC)

Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> AW <alexander.willand <at> t-online.de> writes:
>
> > Now, Word no longer can open the html-documents produced by orgmode. The
error
> > message is (translated from German): "DTD prohibited".
>
> You may want to customize `org-html-doctype' but you probably need to
> digg further to know what DTD is prohibited exactly.

Apparently, all of them:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Document_Type_Definition

Under "Security":

~~
An XML DTD can be used to create a denial of service (DoS) attack by defining
nested entities that expand exponentially, or by sending the XML parser to an
external resource that never returns.[10]

For this reason, .NET Framework provides a property that allows prohibiting or
skipping DTD parsing, [10] and recent versions of Microsoft Office
applications (Microsoft Office 2010 and higher) refuse to open XML files that
contain DTD declarations.
~~

So, if org ODT export now depends on a DTD, then we'd have to say that we
don't support exported files that open in MS Word.

hjh