[O] inline images outside org

From: Christoph Held GMX
Subject: [O] inline images outside org
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 08:54:04 +0200

Hi
I have recently switched from Aquamacs to railwaycat’s Emacs
(https://github.com/railwaycat/emacs-mac-port) and noticed two things. First,
inline images in org display really well and the erratic and jerky scrolling
issues are completely gone, making inline images much more usable now. I don’t
want to say anything bad about Aquamacs, which I enjoyed using but I don’t miss
the more Mac-like alternative keystrokes much less than I thought I would.
Perhaps it was about time to take the Emacs training wheels off. It is probably
old news but railwaycat’s Emacs is really nice.

But secondly I noticed that Emacs displays inline images even outside org, e.g.
the splash screen contains an image that doubles as a link to www.gnu.org when
clicked.
How do I check the syntax of the underlying link of which I currently only see
the pretty face? So far I have used Emacs really only to run org mode. This is
probably where it shows that without the training wheels it is still a bumpy
ride for me.

Christoph