[O] Display only latest sub notes in agenda

From: Steffen Heilmann
Subject: [O] Display only latest sub notes in agenda
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 16:27:06 +0200

Dear all,

thank you very much for the very helpful org-mode! I have been using it
extensively during my studies and it saved me a great deal of trouble and time.

Now I want to use org-mode to organize / manage my networking contacts. I will
have a top-level (*) entry for every person, and underneath for each meeting a
(**) sub level entry with a time stamp.

I am looking for an easy way to see when I had the last interaction with
everybody (preferably sorted by date). I want to use this to quickly see whom I
have not contacted for some time and then can reach-out to them.

I have asked Sacha Chua for advice, she mentioned that it might be possible to
use org-map-entries to go through the level 2 subtrees and update a LASTMEETING
property on the parent, and then use org columns).

As I am not really firm with Lisp programming, I was wondering if somebody had
done something similar before that he could share. Or alternatively if somebody
could give me some help with writing the code. I guess all of this can be done
very quickly if you know how to do so.

Thank you very much,

Steffen