Re: [O] if we operate on a subtree, perhaps we could adjust levels

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] if we operate on a subtree, perhaps we could adjust levels
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 07:54:28 +0200

Samuel Wales writes:
> you will notice that the decrypted subtree is actually at a higher
> level than its parent.  this is a violation of org structure.
>
> in consequence, it can silently swallow the entire rest of the file.
>
> this is not desired.
>
> is there a way to fix it?

There's two ways I can think of:

1. Record the subtree level in a property before doing the encryption
and compare that to the level after decryption.  If there's no match,
then promote or demote as appropriate.

2. Demote the whole subtree to toplevel before encryption and promote
into the correct level on decryption, (much in the same way that
includes are handled).

Regards,
Achim.