Re: [O] (require 'org-publish) causes downgrade in org-version

From: psycho_punch
Subject: Re: [O] (require 'org-publish) causes downgrade in org-version
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 19:36:04 +0800

I've defined my initialization script in ~/.emacs.d/init.el; I'm not sure if it matters. So since 'ox-publish doesn't get loaded until after initialization, I defined:

(add-hook 'after-init-hook (lambda() (load-file "/path/to/org-publish-project.el")))

I'm wondering when do the packages installed via package-install get loaded...

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Achim Gratz <address@hidden> wrote:
psycho_punch writes:
> Ok, so apparently, ox-publish doesn't get loaded after init in my
> setup; I'm not sure why. What I have done so far is to run the publish
> script after init using the after-init-hook. However, I feel like this
> shouldn't be how it's done.

It's hard to tell, but you're likely trying to configure Org before
package-initialize has run.

Regards,
Achim.