Re: [O] Stopping "done/cancelled" from showing in agenda view?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Stopping "done/cancelled" from showing in agenda view?
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 11:57:28 -0400

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> This is probably an easy one to answer, but I can't even think of
>> how to query google with it. And I can't see how to do it in the org
>> manual either!
>>
>> But, how do you stop a "done", or "cancelled" item from appearing in
>> the agenda view please? Is there some code that will auto-magically
>> do it for me please?
>>

> Set org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done to t perhaps? And similarly
> for org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done. Not sure whether that will do
> anything for CANCELLED though.

Assuming that CANCELLED is a DONE state - see

  (info "(org) workflow states")

for details - the above should work for CANCELLED as well. E.g.

#+TODO: TODO | DONE CANCELLED
* TODO foo
SCHEDULED: <2014-06-09 Mon>

* DONE bar
SCHEDULED: <2014-06-09 Mon>

* CANCELLED baz
SCHEDULED: <2014-06-09 Mon>

then the agenda shows all three if org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done is
nil, but shows only `foo' if it is set to t.

As a more general question, should the default be t for all three of the
org-agenda-skip-*-if-done variables? It seems that most people prefer
that behaviour. Perhaps we have gone around this before, but I didn't
check the archives.

Nick