Re: [O] bug in exporter (org-babel-exp-process-buffer)

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] bug in exporter (org-babel-exp-process-buffer)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 14:11:45 -0700

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

Hello,

Charles Berry <address@hidden> writes:

The use of `org-confirm-babel-evaluate' as a function breaks inline src
blocks just as was described in this thread from last year:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-11/msg00669.html

[...]

I believe that Eric's patch or something like it would fix the current
problem in org-babel-exp-process-buffer:

       (inline-src-block
-       (let* ((info (org-babel-parse-inline-src-block-match))
+       (let* ((head (match-beginning 0))
+              (info (append (org-babel-parse-inline-src-block-match)
+                            (list nil nil head)))
               (params (nth 2 info)))
          (setf (nth 1 info)

Can this be fixed, please?

I tried to apply these changes in maint, but I see no difference with
current behaviour when exporting the ECM provided in the thread above.
Am I missing something?

Sorry, my bad.

`:exports results' needs to be added to the src block:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports results
[...]

When run with master, after the prompt for evaluating the src block, an error is thrown. *Messages* shows

,----
| Evaluate this emacs-lisp code block on your system? (y or n)  y
| executing Emacs-Lisp code block...
| Code block evaluation complete.
| cond: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil
`----

evidently the result of (goto-char ,head) with nil as the value of head when trying to evaluate src_R{...}.

Adding the lines results in correct export with no prompt at the (later) inline src block.

HTH,

Chuck