Re: [O] proposal to have ignoreheading tags/properties

From: Nicolas Girard
Subject: Re: [O] proposal to have ignoreheading tags/properties
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 21:21:45 +0200

> Hi Eric, hi all,
>
> 2014ko ekainak 12an, Eric Schulte-ek idatzi zuen:
>>
>> I just ran across this need myself, and updated an old solution to work
>> with the new exporter.  See the thread and my solution at the following.
>>
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-06/msg00238.html
>
> It’s really wonderful that you and the other members of the org
> community have devoted lots of careful effort to this problem.  See
> also:
> - http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html#ignoreheadline
> - http://mid.gmane.org/address@hidden
> - http://mid.gmane.org/address@hidden
>
> Many of the solutions work approximately, but not in all circumstances
> – see the discussion on worg.  Searching my email archives for the
> string “ignoreheading” in 2014, I see threads from May 14, May 9, May
> 6, March 27, March 17, and Jan 7 on this topic. It seems reasonable to
> ask whether this constitutes enough user interest to make this a core
> feature.  The benefits would include:
> - the code can be made robust by the combined effort of those
>   interested
> - the feature can be incorporated into the test suite, so it won’t
>   accidentally break in the future
> - it will be more “discoverable” in the org info manual (which almost
>   certainly gets a larger audience than worg)

I also ran across this need. What I had in mind was that certain todo
types would be treated as inline.
For instance, if "P" was a member of this hypothetical
org-inline-todo-keywords, then

* P a paragraph
  some contents

would be rendered as

some contents

by the exporter, no matter the backend.

Such a feature is more generic and would be useful in other contexts ;
and the LaTeX-related issues discussed in this thread would be solved
using something like

* INLINE appendix
  \appendix
* Appendix 1