Re: [O] org-weather for openweathermap.org

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-weather for openweathermap.org
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 11:47:43 -0400

address@hidden (Doyley, Marvin) writes:

> I love this app, but there is only one snag. Changing the temperature units
> from Celsius to Fahrenheit doesn't work. I get the same results regards
> of the units  in specified in the org-weather-unit variable

[I don't have an org-weather-unit variable, so I presume you mean
org-weather-temperature-unit.]

Yes, one needs to change the API URL as well to get different units:

,----
| (defvar org-weather-api-url
"http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/forecast/daily?q=%s&mode=json&units=metric&cnt=7";)
`----

AFAICT, they provide "metric", "imperial" and "internal" (don't know
what the last one means).

org-weather.el itself does not do any units conversions.

Nick