[O] Section of Org manual on images in latex export

From: Christopher Witte
Subject: [O] Section of Org manual on images in latex export
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:35:39 +0200

Hi all,

After quite a bit of mucking around and finally resorting to checking the source code, I worked out how to wrap an image in a figure environment without a caption.  The final solution

#+ATTR_LATEX: :float figure

was trivial, but the manual wasn't too helpful on this particular subject.

So others don't have to go through the same troubles I think the manual could be slightly reworded. In the section "Images in Latex export" http://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-specific-attributes.html#LaTeX-specific-attributes I think the following sentence:

"You can also ask Org to export an image as a float without specifying caption by setting the :float attribute."

should be change to:

"You can also ask Org to export an image as a float without specifying a caption by setting the :float attribute to figure."

Also a summary of the the attributes and their valid values, as is done for Latex tables would be useful.

Cheers,

Chris.

ps. I tried to find out if I could make those changes myself, but after much clicking and searching, I could only find: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html but that doesn't say anything about contributing to the documentation.