Re: [O] [beamer] Bug with some characters in titles

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [beamer] Bug with some characters in titles
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 16:23:40 -0400

Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden>
writes:

> This 2-slides presentation won't compile in LaTeX.
>
> * RefTeX (~C-c =~)
>
> Display a TOC.
>
> * RefTeX again
>
> - ~C-c &~ ::
>      Visualize the current cross reference.
>
> will produce a "Misplaced alignment tab character &" ERROR.
>
> This is not especially because of Org, although the verb macro may have
> to be protected?  I'm not fluent enough in LaTeX in order to answer that
> question. Maybe others here?

\verb is always problematic - see e.g.

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/14256/focus=14257

although ~C-c =~ works both in the headline *and* as a list item:
I expected it to break in the latter case, but it didn't.

Using =C-c &= produces a \texttt{} form which works. And I thought
this trick would not work for C-c =  but it does:

=C-c == produces {\texttt{C-c =}} both in the headline and in the list
item.

Nick