[O] Guide to writing custom skip functions for agenda views using org-ag

From: Arunabha Ghosh
Subject: [O] Guide to writing custom skip functions for agenda views using org-agenda-skip-function
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 01:18:21 -0700

Hi,
    Is there a guide on writing functions for implementing custom skip criteria for agenda items using org-agenda-skip-function ? I understand the basic premise behind org-agenda-skip-function but examples from other people's configs don't make much sense.

What are the inputs to the skip function, there seem to be none. If so, how do I figure out which entry is the skip function is being called on and how do I evaluate predicates over that entry ? e.g. I'd like to have a skip function that skips entries only if they are scheduled *in the future*. How would I go about implementing such a function ?

Thanks,
Arunabha